Everything you need to know about hold baggage on board flyadeal
To ensure your journey is as smooth as possible, and to avoid any extra charges at the airport, please follow the guidelines as given below regarding your hold baggage.
Our fly fares do not include a free hold bag allowance, but you can purchase this prior to your flight by calling our Customer Engagement Centre.
If you have purchased a fly+ fare, you will be able to check-in one bag up to 25kg for free at our Bag Drop counter. You also have the opportunity to pre-pay for any additional pieces before your flight through our Customer Engagement Centre.
If you know you need to carry more luggage than you thought, please pay for extra luggage via the Customer Engagement Centre before the day you fly. It will cost A LOT more to pay for it at the airport and this adds unnecessary stress to your journey and your wallet.
Excess Baggage Fees
For domestic flights, if you purchase excess baggage before you get to the airport, we will charge as follows:
- 1 piece up to 15kg – SAR 50
- 1 piece up to 25kg – SAR 85
If you haven’t prepaid for your bags, then we will charge the following prices at the airport:
- 1 piece of up to 15kg – SAR 100
- 1 piece of up to 25kg – SAR 150
- Any additional weight beyond the 15kg or 25kg will be charged at SAR20 per kg
Over-sized Hold Baggage
Your Hold Baggage must be no larger than 75 x 50 x 35 cm. Any items which are larger will be accepted for carriage only if less than 140 x 85 x 65 cm and on payment of the Over-Sized baggage fee of SAR100.
If your Hold Bag is larger than 140 x 85 x 65 cm we will be unable to accept it for carriage.
The following items may not be carried in your baggage
- Items you are forbidden from carrying by local law (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol)
- Compressed gases (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous)
- Explosives (munitions, fireworks, pyrotechnic devices and flares)
- Corrosives (acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries)
- Radio-active material
- Flammable liquids and solids (lighter fuel, matches of any kind, paints, thinners, fore lighters or other items which may easily ignite)
- Poisons (toxic substances, weed killer and insecticides)
- Oxidising materials (organic peroxides and bleaching powder)
- Disabling devices (mace or pepper spray)
- Infectious substances (virus culture, bacterial strains)
- Dead animal matter
- Other items which are offensive materials or magnetised materials
- Devices with spillable batteries
- Whips or stun guns
- Dry Ice
- Oxygen or dioxide cylinders
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 / 8 devices
If you wish to carry firearms and / or ammunition on our aircraft, you must call our Customer Engagement Centre on 92000 0212 or +966 (0) 12 6539515 for approval at least 48 hours before you plan to travel. Unless approval has been requested and given the carriage of weapons onboard our aircraft is not permitted. Items which may not be carried include:
- Guns (toy or replica, plastic or metal)
- Billiard, Snooker or Pool Cues
- Laser Pens
- Personal Attack Alarms
- Tradesmen’s Tools
- Knives with blades of any length
- Razor Blades
- Household Cutlery
- Paper knives or box cutters
- Sporting Bats
- Hypodermic Syringes (unless supported by medical evidence)
- Knitting Needles
- Archery Bows and Arrows or similar
- Self-heating drinks or food
Please visit our Conditions of Carriage for our full Baggage policy
We also advise that you do not include in your Hold Baggage fragile or perishable items or items of special value such as:
- precious metals
- personal electronic devices
- share certificates, bonds and other valuable documents
- business documents
- passports and other identification documents
Collection of your Hold Baggage
On arrival please remember to check your bag before you leave the baggage hall as someone else on your flight may have a similar bag.
If your bag has been damaged, or if it doesn’t arrive at the carousel, you must go to the baggage counter and report the damage or loss and receive a ‘Passenger Irregularity Form’ (known as a PIR). This form can only be provided in the baggage hall, it’s not possible to get a copy after you leave, and without this form we will be unable to process any claim for your loss.